Mulberry tea is extracted from Mulberry tree leaves. It originated in Asia and is now popular worldwide. There is a total of 10 species of Mulberry but the most famous are white and black mulberry due to their high medicinal benefits.
Benefits of Mulberry Tea
- Mulberry tea is a high source of antioxidants and is known to reduce inflammation.
- It helps you lower the cholesterol levels in your body.
- White Mulberry leaves tea is especially known for reducing blood sugar level and is very good for diabetic patients.
- Mulberry tea is high in minerals.
- Mulberry tea when consumed after every meal can be helpful in weight reduction.
- It helps in preventing premature hair graying and skin wrinkles.
- It helps people suffering from joint pains like arthritis.
How does White Mulberry help Diabetes?
White Mulberry works as a medicine. It has certain chemicals which slowly break down the sugar so that they are slowly absorbed by the blood. This helps in maintaining the blood sugar level in range. White Mulberry works as some medicine works for treating type 2 diabetes. So, White Mulberry Tea is highly suggested for diabetics for a natural treatment.
Side Effects of Mulberry Tea
- It lowers the blood sugar level. You will have to monitor the blood sugar regularly else it can also drop immediately. Especially when you notice symptoms like excessive sweating, confusion and blurred vision, then you should take immediate precautions.
- Mulberry tea is not advised for pregnant and breastfeeding females. Research is still going on around it but you should take precautions.
- Many people get allergic reactions after drinking Mulberry Tea like itchiness, swelling, wheezing or difficulty in breathing. So, in the case of any of such symptoms you should not have Mulberry Tea.
- Mulberry Tea has a high level of Potassium which is not good for people with the kidney problem.
How to brew Mulberry Tea?
Place the Mulberry tea leaves in a pot and pour hot water on it. After a few seconds, pour out this water. This basically washes the leaves. Pour water at 80-100 degree Celsius again in the teapot which has tea leaves. Leave it to brew for 3-5 minutes and your tea is ready to drink. Each person likes his/her tea in a different manner. So, according to your taste buds, you can add sugar to the tea or brew the tea for lesser or more time.
How to make your own Mulberry Tea?
Step 1 – You should harvest only the matured and clean leaves from the Mulberry tea plant, which are free from any diseases. Usually, they are harvested in autumn season.
Step 2 – Wash the leaves well under running water. Post that the sun dries them. Ideally, they should be sun dried for 2-3 days but also depends upon the sunshine. In the cold season, drying might take much longer. Keep drying them until they are completely dry.
Step 3 – After they are completely dry, crush the leaves lightly and loosely in order to not convert those into powder form. And your own Mulberry tea is ready.
Mulberry Tea is a healthy drink and must be consumed every day at least twice to gain its medicinal benefits according to Immortalitea.